welcome to the best moon City PETRA THE AMAZING TRAVEL GUIDE
Located amid rugged desert canyons and mountains in what is now the southwestern corner of the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan, Petra was once a thriving trading center and the capital of the Nabataean empire between 400 B.C. and A.D. 106. The city sat empty and in near ruin for centuries.
Petra originally known to its inhabitants as Raqmu, is a historical and archaeological city in As a result, Petra was forgotten for the Western world until the 19th century.The ruins of Petra were an object of curiosity during the Middle Ages and …
Built: possibly as early as 5th century BC Elevation: 810 m (2,657 ft)
Location: Ma’an Governorate, Jordan
- Discover the ancient city of Petra carved out of red cliffs
- Enjoy the scenic deserted Highway en route to the monument
- See the Siq, Obelisk Tomb, and Jabal Madbach (the sacrificial palace)
- Eat an authentic Jordanian style lunch at a local restaurant
- Enjoy round-trip transport and assistance at the border
Walking Amman was a magical experience. People were friendly and welcoming as we visited the King Abdullah Mosque and various street vendors throughout the city.
We could have had another buffet dinner at a fancy hotel, but our clever guide Ali decided that we would enjoy a meal out with the locals for our final day in Jordan.
Discover the famous archaeological site in Jordan’s southwestern desert on a day trip to Petra from Jerusalem. After being picked up from the meeting point in Jerusalem, climb into a comfortable air-conditioned vehicle with your professional guide. Transfer to the Aravah border where you will receive assistance entering the country of Jordan.
Set off for Petra, an ancient monument renowned for its charm and cultural heritage. Petra marks the achievement of an impressive civilisation, the Nabataean Arabs, who perfectly carved the city into its mountains. It has now been declared to be one of the new Seven Wonders of the World. Learn about how Petra’s name comes from the wonderful colour of the rock also known as the rose-red city, from which many of the city’s structures were carved. Enjoy a full guided tour through the monument with entrance fees and a guide included.
After this, make a short visit to the Red Sea port of Aqaba which is just 2 hours from Petra. At the end of the day trip, return to Jerusalem with full assistance at the Israel border once again.
- Enjoy an expertly guided tour of Petra, a UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Explore Petra at your own leisure during the designated free time
- Learn about the fascinating history of the site
- The tour departs from Eilat and heads towards Petra, crossing the Aravah border along the way. Ride through the dusty desert landscapes, and marvel at the vast sandy scenery that stretches out all around you. Follow the scenic route alongside the mountains before arriving at Petra, one of the Seven Wonders of the World.Upon arrival, explore the highlights of the site with your expert guide and listen to fascinating stories and legends about the people who once lived here. As you amble around, admire the vibrant hues of the rocks from which most of the buildings here were carved, earning Petra the nickname ‘red-rose city’. Following your tour, enjoy some free time to wander around the site at your own leisure and focus on the areas that interest you most, as well as stopping to enjoy a snack box lunch too.After the tour, start the return journey to Eilat in the direction of the port region of Aqaba. Along the drive, stop at a selection of observation points to marvel at the breathtaking landscape of the Wadi Rum desert, where the red rocky mountains blend into the sunny horizon.
What’s Not Included
- Pickup and drop-off from Eilat, plus transport to all sites
- Border crossing assistance
- Entry fees to Petra (worth 130 USD per person) and guided tour
- Snack box including a bottle of water
- Border fees of US$65, Jordanian visa fee of $60 (for those who have not pre-arranged a visa)
- These fees should be paid in cash at the border (USD or ILS are accepted
Prepare for the activity
What to bring
• Suggested tip for group tours to Jordan is $5 per person per day for the driver and guide. Tips are a huge part of the tourism culture in this region and a great signal of your appreciation It is recommended to follow the customs and tip in order to ensure a high quality experience for customers now and beyond
• Please bring your passport, sunscreen, sunglasses and hat, scarf, ATM card or cash, US Dollars or Jordanian Dinar for tips, and shoes suitable for walking
Walking Amman – A Walking Tour of Jordan’s Capital City
It was an incredible 10 days in Jordan courtesy of the Jordan Tourism Board and it started off on a high note with our stay at the luxurious Four Seasons Amman. We know the Four Seasons well here in Toronto. The Flagship store is located in the heart of Yorkville and we have visited many a room during our days working in the film business
. It is a very busy place during the Film Festival. Every movie star that comes to the city stays here. We never thought that we’d stay in a Four Seasons ourselves let alone one of the top hotels in the entire Middle East
World’s biggest online car rental service
Working with over 900 companies in 160 countries, we can find the right car in the right place, at the right price
Car Hire – Search, Compare & Save
Compare 900 companies at over 60,000 locations. Best price guaranteed
Rated by more than 3.5 million people
We ask each of our customers to rate the company that provided their car. Check the scores – and make the right choice
Jordan Petra The Best Hotel Deals
You Map To Go To Petra -Jordan Have Fun
Check out these popular cities in Petra
Hotels in Petra that you can book without a credit card
There are 117 hotels in Petra you can book on Booking.com
What are the best cities to stay in Petra?
Wadi Musa, Dana, and Al Mi‘ţan are popular with other travelers visiting Petra